Immediate opening for an experienced Diesel Mechanic to perform preventative and upkeep on our fleet of well drilling equipment – drill rigs, air compressors, trucks and more. Work is full time. Pay is DOE with opportunities for overtime. Some travel may be required (up to 1.5 hours away from our shop location).
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Complete most repairs and parts replacement as well as regular maintenance
- Perform air/hydraulic brake jobs, suspensions, transmissions, welding repair and fabricating.
- Performs and documents preventative maintenance.
- Manage parts and tool inventories, with attention to expenses, historical data, and anticipation of future needs.
- Maintain shop appearance.
- Complies with all safety rules and policies.
- Qualified individuals must have exceptional communication skills
- Willingness to learn about drilling water wells
- 1+ years’ experience
- Self-starter able to work independently
- Priority given to applicants with current CDL
- ASE Certifications a plus
- Own basic tools
Physical requirements & work environment:
The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme heat and vibration; outside weather conditions. The noise level is normally loud. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
Negotiable, based on experience and qualifications.
If you are up for the challenge, please email megan @ waterwelldeveloping.com with your resume, references, and any other pertinent information.