Assistant Driller – Full Time
We are looking for an Assistant Driller.
The driller’s assistant is responsible for assisting the Driller with all field activities, including, but not limited to, drilling and installation of private, commercial and industrial water wells. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Complete tasks and projects assigned by the Driller, and Project Managers.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all equipment and field operations and safety procedures.
• Monitor the performance of all equipment to identify maintenance and repair needs.
• Complete all required paperwork, including daily reports.
• Maintain a clean and organized working environment, including equipment, vehicles, shop spaces, and jobsite areas at all times.
• Attend all field safety meetings and comply with safety standards and programs.
• Willing to work demanding hours when needed, based on equipment and, or project needs.
• Expected to travel and work out-of-town. (Usually within 2 hours of our shop, depending on project needs/scope of work.)
• Maintain a clean driving record (CDL endorsement is a plus).
• Experience working in construction-type environment.
• Required to have cellphone communication 24/7 (provided).
• Ability to lift tooling and materials up to 75lbs.
• Able to physically implement work duties assigned, in various weather conditions.
• Able to physically implement any changes and conduct maintenance to equipment.
• Expected to turn in all required paperwork in to supervisor on a daily basis, when necessary.
• Available to work overtime and weekends as required to meet client schedules.
• Ability to pass pre-employment drug and background screenings.
• Written and oral communication skills; able to communicate effectively in person, via phone, text and able to write short daily reports and notes.
• Willingness to learn on the job, ask questions, and offer new ideas and suggestions.
• Motivated and willing to work diligently and take ownership of your work, whether the task is small or large.
• Able to work independently as well as within a team.
• Able to facilitate positive, professional relations with clients and fellow co-workers.
• Welding experience a plus
• Ability and desire to obtain driller’s license in Washington and Oregon
Negotiable, based on experience and qualifications.
If you are up for the challenge, please email megan @ waterwelldeveloping.com with your resume, references, and any other pertinent information.